- Customers: Hawkeye 360, Astrocast, Aerospacelab, In-Space Missions, Kleos Space, Loft Orbital, Lynk Global, NearSpace Launch, OQ Technology, Orbit Fab, Orbital Sidekick, Spire Global, Swarm Technologies, undisclosed
- Launch Vehicle: SpaceX Falcon 9
- Launch Location: Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida
- Total spacecraft: 36, including six microsatellites, 29 cubesats and a hosted payload
- Notable: Spaceflight will launch two Sherpa OTVs, including the industry’s first-ever electric propulsion OTV (Sherpa-LTE1)
Spaceflight Inc. launched 36 customer payloads to Sun Synchronous orbit aboard the SpaceX Transporter-2 mission on Wednesday, June 30, 2021, marking its 41st mission. The company purchased three ports on the mission, dubbed ‘SXRS-5’ by Spaceflight, and managed the launch integration and mission management services for 36 payloads, including six microsatellites, 29 cubesats and one hosted payload.
The mission also represented the first time the company flew two different orbital transportation vehicles (OTVs) and the launch of the industry’s first-ever electric propulsion vehicle, Sherpa-LTE1.
This brings Spaceflight’s total number of spacecraft launched to 384. That’s a lot of smallsats!
Sherpa-FX2 and Sherpa-LTE1 poised for deployment
Sherpa-FX2 and Sherpa-LTE1 separates successfully 4 seconds apart.